BAYONNE’S PREMIER COSMETIC DENTIST TEAM
Jordan M. Alter, D.D.S.
Alissa Selevan, D.D.S.
An estimated 40 million Americans avoid dental care because of fear and anxiety Without regular trips to the dentist, your smile’s brilliance may diminish and your oral health can suffer. Sedation dentistry, a term that describes the methods used to manage patient pain and anxiety, allows dentist to keep help people relax while at the same time allowing patients to respond to physical stimulation and verbal command.
Putting off routine checkups and minor repairs can result in the need for much more invasion therapy. If you have avoided treatment because you dislike dental visits, sedation dentistry can allow you to comfortably receive the care you need. Sedation dentistry is ideal for people who have:
- A high level of fear or anxiety
- Suffered past traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty in getting numb
- An overactive gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- Complex dental problems
- The need to squeeze several procedures into a limited time period
- A fear of needles and shots
- A strong dislike of the noises, smells and taste associated with dental care
- TMJ-related difficulties where it is uncomfortable to open their mouth for extended periods
- Patient pain and anxiety while at the same time allowing the patient to respond to physical stimulation and verbal command.
For A Lifetime of Healthy Smiles
From procedure to sedation method, you will experience a team of friendly caring people to make you feel at ease in our welcoming and safe environment.
Laughing gas | Nitrous Oxide: relaxes you without putting you to sleep. Settle into one of our luxurious treatment chairs, as you gently inhale the gas, it will quickly act to start relaxing you.
Oral sedation: giving oral medications (not injections) to help you relax before a procedure – be awake. while still feeling incredibly relaxed and at ease.
Please note that with Laughing Gas | Nitrous Oxide the patient will need an escort to drive them home.
Your Dental Team
Our patient-focused care is a direct product of having caring, experienced dentists.
Due to the doctors vast experience and commitment to continuing education, Beautiful Smiles of Bayonne is your one stop shop for all your dental needs. The teams know-how and commitment mean you get great dentistry plus an experience you’ll appreciate.
New Patient Forms
Please complete both of these on-line forms before your scheduled appointment.