A denture is a removable tooth or a set of removable teeth that can be a replacement for missing teeth as well as for surrounding tissues. Dentures are also referred to as false teeth or plates, and they’re a common alternative treatment for missing teeth. Dentures are versatile in their capacity to replace any number of missing teeth and to fill the contours of the face and lips, which otherwise would shrink inward due to missing teeth.
Consult with our Denture Experts Now!
Traditionally, the base of the dentures is made of acrylic plastic, which can be resembled to match the patient’s natural gum tissues. The dentures or false teeth are made from either acrylic or ceramic.
There are two types of dentures:
- Complete Denture: These dentures are used when all the teeth are missing.
- Partial Dentures: These dentures are used when some partial natural teeth remains.
Dentures are also designed for specific needs. They can be partial or full, and they can be applied immediately even after teeth are extracted. An over-denture is one that can cover the existing teeth while filling in the gaps left by extracted teeth.
Dental dentures can help patients with:
- Mastication; by replacing teeth, chewing ability is improved
- Aesthetics; wearing dentures provides support for the lips and cheeks and will alter the collapsed appearance of the face that resulted from the loss of teeth
- Pronunciation; replacing the missing teeth, especially the front teeth, will enable patients to speak better. The pronunciation of words containing sibilants or fricatives will also improve.
- Self-esteem; improving appearance and speech will boost your confidence in the ability to interact with others socially
Consult your Bayonne dentist for proper denture fitness and care. Your oral and general health needs should not be taken lightly as separate conditions like cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, pneumonia, and malnutrition are common conditions among many patients.
Poor oral health conditions can aggravate these medical problems and worsen the affliction since increased bacteria in the mouth can spread to other systems of the body.
Getting Dentures in Bayonne, NJ
Contact Alter Smiles for dentures in Bayonne, NJ. We specialize in helping people just like you get dentures to give you a smile you will be proud to show off to others. Call us at (201) 339-6604 or click here.